The Territorial Food Project (PAT) of Bouches-du-Rhône was initiated by Aix-Marseille Provence Metropole and Pays d’Arles in the context of the national call for projects launched by the Ministry of Agriculture in 2016. It was not selected at the national level but at the regional level. The PAT is now being developed over a 36-month period in order to meet the labelling criteria defined by the Ministry of Agriculture.
E-mail : email@example.com
δικτυακός τόπος : http://www.marseille-provence.fr
Territory of Aix-Marseille métropole and Pays d'Arles, France
- Elected representatives of Aix-Marseille Provence Metropole, Pays d’Arles and included municipalities, as well as technical staff working on relevant topics
- Co-funding institutions: Bouches-du-Rhône Department, French State, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region
- Chamber of Agriculture, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Chamber of Trades, Regional Chamber of the Social and Solidarity Economy, Natural Parks
- Representatives of research institutions, local associations and the private sector
- Promoting all forms of quality, local and eco-friendly agriculture
- Preserving agricultural land and landscapes of Provence through the creation of agrarian parks
- Bringing production closer to consumption
- Ensuring farmers’ quality of life and recognition
- Promoting access to quality local products and healthy food for everyone
- Promoting the local food heritage through the Mediterranean diet
- Positioning agricultural and food policy at the heart of the territorial project
Νομικό πλαίσιο & ΠροϋπολογισμόςTerritorial food projects were introduced by the French Law for the Future of Agriculture, Food and Forestry (LAAF) of 2014 and formalised by an instruction of the Ministry of Agriculture, which defines the objectives, scope, content and development process of territorial food projects.
ΔραστηριότητεςThe PAT of Bouches-du-Rhône will focus on 5 challenges: economy and employment; nutrition, health and social accessibility to quality food; urban planning and development; environment; Food and cultural heritage. Over a 36-month period, it will launch an ambitious agricultural and food strategy for the territory. This process involves the following steps: the development of an agricultural and food diagnosis of the territory; the selection of demonstrative projects and their accompaniment; the launching of a thematic project on out-of-home catering; the implementation of communication actions to pro- mote these actions.
>Καινοτομία & ΑποτελέσματαThe main innovation of the PAT of Bouches-du-Rhône is its collaborative governance, co-led by Aix-Marseille Provence Metropole and Pays d’Arles, and its participative development approach. It involves representatives of the entire agricultural and food chain in a continuous diagnostic process, allows actors who do not meet to work together and promotes the multitude of initiatives, public or private, large or small, existing throughout the entire territory.